martes, 18 de octubre de 2011

COLOUR IDIOMS

1. I don't believe in being untruthful, but sometimes it's good to tell a _______ lie to avoid hurting somebody's feelings.
a) grey b) white c) yellow d) green

2. They treat you so well at that hotel. They really give you the _______ carpet treatment.
a) blue b) black c) red d) white


3. You can tell him until you're _______ in the face, but he just won't listen to reason.
a) white b) blue c) red d) purple


4. The caught him _______ as he tried to steal some jeans from the shop.
a) red-handed b) black-handed c) blue-handed d) brown-handed


5. I had a call out of the _______ from an old friend I hadn't seen for twenty years
a) blue b) red c) black d) pink


6. You're luck, always doing nice things. My husband only ever takes me out once in a _______ moon.
a) silver b) blue c) grey d) yellow


7. You look as _______ as a sheet. What's happened?
a) blue b) green c) yellow d) white


8. Money is such a problem these days. I always seem to be in the _________ .
a) black b) blue c) red d) green


9. You should see my mother's garden. She's really got _______ fingers. She can make anything grow.
a) blue b) yellow c) black d) green


10. I played rugby for the first time in ages yesterday. That's why I'm black and ________ all over now.
a) red b) blue c) green d) orange







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario